Monday, October 22, 2007

Power 30

Nba.com has put up it's first power rankings of the new season. More of a projection then anything else. Here is the top ten...

1. Spurs
2. Mavs
3. Suns
4. Rockets
5. Pistons
6. Utah
7. Celtics
8. Bulls
9. Raps
10. Nuggets


And we say the East has gotten stronger. 5 of the top 6 are from the West. Anyhow, I concur with the first 4, although the Pistons have alot to prove this season and I would not put them as high as 5. I also would not put the Celtics ahead of the Bulls. A day or so ago, the Celtics lost a preseason game to Philly with Garnett and Pierce sitting out. The Celtics have ZERO depth. I thought that Posey was the answer. I was wrong.

Raps at 9, and that is respectable. That is ahead of the Cavs (11), Nets (12), Wizards (14).

Ouch, the Lakers are down to 22. I don't know about that one.

The bottom four...

27. Portland
28. Minnesota
29. Clips
30. Sonics


Let me just say, and as you can see on the right, I have the Clips low as well, but they have looked damn good so far this preseason. Maggette is playing well (and on my fantasy team which is very nice) and the Clips MIGHT not be as bad as we are thinking.

No comments: