Saturday, November 17, 2007

Very nice

Now that was a game.

A 50 foot shot
Garbo
Jose putting on a show
A win at home!
Great three point shooting
Great crowd

The Raptors finally put together a (almost) complete home game as they beat the Pacers last night at the ACC. The start looked shaky once again as Indiana DOMINATED inside the paint and on the boards, and Bargnani was just terrible when he got into the game. It looked like it was going to be just another one of those nights that seems to be the norm at the ACC. But then...GARBO.

I said it before, and I will say it again, Garbo should be starting. At least though, he should be getting 20-30 minutes a game off the bench. It was when he went in that everything calmed down and the Raptors looked and played like the Raptors again. The fact that he got major minutes in the second half and in crunch time shows that Mitchell also regonized the contribution from Jorge. BUT what will this mean tomorrow?

The crowd at the ACC last night by the way was fantastic.

And now I am getting worried about Bargnani. A shooting slump is one thing, but he is now reverting back to summer league play from over a year ago. 3 fouls in 5 minutes. It's a long season and I have no doubt that he will turn it around, but when? I am just glad now that I didn't get him with my 4th pick in my fantasy draft.

No comments: